Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where Have I Been?

I can’t believe it has been a year since I posted anything on this site! I really wanted to keep up with this blog so I would have a record of all the fun things we did but life got in the way. The last month of my pregnancy I was pretty tired and cranky and I pretty much gave up on the idea of keeping up with blogging.

Macy was born in October. She has grown so quickly! She is a wonderful baby and the three of them keep me hopping! We did some school stuff off and on when I had time to get it together. I learned an important lesson…I am not supermom. I couldn’t keep up with all the printing and cutting and preparing that the Raising Rock Stars and Confessions of a Homeschooler preschool curriculums required. I also got tired of printing the Learn Your Letters curriculum (its great but a lot of pages). So we spent most of the time playing and reading with occasional memory verses, crafts, and letter/number games thrown in there. They didn’t suffer any :) I also learned that although those curriculums are great, they just aren’t for me. I need something that is open and go. No cutting, printing, making, etc. It really helped me pick a better curriculum for kindergarten.

Around April or May we decided to home school Abby for kindergarten. It had been on our hearts for a while but we had been unsure if it was the best thing for our family. We just wanted to do God’s will and it took a while to discern that. One of these days I will write all about our reasons for home schooling but for now just know that we really felt like it was what God was calling us to do.

In May we found out that we were expecting another baby, due in January. I still can’t believe how blessed we are! I get scared from time to time (daily?) and wonder how I can possibly manage all this but I remind myself that God is the one steering this ship and I just have to sit back and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment