Saturday, June 12, 2010

Raising Rock Stars Preschool-Tt

This week was a little hectic. I am 21 weeks pregnant and didn't feel well for most of the week. I had a hard time getting motivated to "do school". Hopefully, next week will be better!

RAISING ROCK STARS
We continued our RRSPS curriculum with letter Tt. We did the Power Point slideshow this week and both of my girls loved it! They don't get to use the computer much so it was a real treat for them.

OTHER ACTIVITIES
While baby sister was doing tot trays, Abby worked on this clothespin number match game from childcareland.com

We also did an ABC safari from makinglearningfun.com, apple patterning from makinglearningfun.com, and rhyming memory match.

Everyone's favorite activity this week was farm sounds bingo. I got this set at Wal Mart several years ago and had never used it. The girls got a huge kick out of the animal sounds, especially the donkey!

LIFE
I have been very proud of Abby this week. She has been such a good helper around the house, something she is not usually known for. She helped hang up laundry, sweep, vacuum, and unload the dishwasher. We are really trying to encourage this with lots of praise and hugs and kisses!

She has also been a big helper to her baby sister. Again, we are trying to encourage her to be kind and share and use sweet words with her baby sister, even when it is hard. I have overheard her "inviting" Lyla to play with her several times this week. It makes me so proud!

On a different note, I have art boxes for each of the girls with basic supplies, crayons, stickers, etc. and they can get them out anytime they want as long as they clean up after themselves. Abby got her art box out one day this week and made this paper bag puppet. Then she put on a puppet show for me! It was so funny!


MISSIONS
My plan was to do a missions activity with Abby every week but I fell short this week. One day we were watching the news and it was about India. Abby said, "We saw India on a map last week!" So we got the map out and looked at India. Then last night while watching some news coverage of the World Cup we brought out the map and showed her where South Africa is. I have been looking for missions activities for preschoolers and came across some neat things that I will share as we do them. I really have a strong desire to give my girls a heart for missions!

That's it, that was our week! Hope you had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment